Sunday, November 8, 2009

38. Purely Personal Stuff

Last night I woke up with a terrible pain in my lower back.  I could not get out of bed.  The pain was unbearable.  It hurt to move.  It hurt to not move. 

I had to get to the medicine cabinet, eight feet away.  It hurt unbearably to stand up.  It hurt unbearably to walk.  I was screaming with every step I took.  I hate to admit it -- I was screaming with pain. 

The bottle of Aleve had a "child-proof" closure.  I couldn't work it.  I couldn't read the directions for working it.  Government burocrats had made it impossible for me to get relief.  I screamed.

I needed something like codeine, and I nooded it bad.  But of course there was no way I could get codeine, though I was screaming with intolerable pain.  Government burocrats had declared codeine to be a prescription drug, and there was no doctor to write a prescription at that time of night.  I could not buy the medicine I so desperately needed, on the free market, because the freee market no longer exists in the 'land Of The Free".  So I screamed, and it didn't help at all.

Do you think you will be able to get pain killers under government controlled medicine ?  Just beacuse the Great Polished Liar mentioned it as an alternative to real medical treatments [Blog 1 and 2] ?  Well, if the government rationers decide that it is "good for society, you may be left without pain killers too, to scream your way to death, as a "socially useless" person.

By whose standards?   Obama's.  E. Emanuel's [Blog 24].  By the standards of all the political pragmatists who think that the individual should be sacrificed to "society".

I found some Ibuprofen, and finally got some relief.  I stopped screaming.

But I can't help wondering how many others will die screaming as a result of the government takeover of all health care.

Motivational Poster

Government Health Care


2 comments:

tony said...

Now we have to take the fight to the Senate where, hopefully, there will be sounder thinking than in the HOUSE.

I watched the whole debate and witnessed more logical fallacies and baseless rhetoric then I have ever witnessed.

Arriving at universal conclusions from finite premises indicates an absence of deductive reasoning....

Although a 220 to 215 loss says there is still hope to kill OBAMACARE...hope and change right!

Keep up the good fight and I am glad you got some relief...I too am screaming

Watch the OSTRICH for some good stuff coming up .......

Tony said...

Hi Paul:
Thanks to your suggestion I am now quoting Tom Paine on the OSTRICH

check it out.

Hope you are well and keep up the good work as we take the battle to the Senate